What Information Do We Collect and Use?
If you provide us personal information about another natural person, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have a legal basis to provide us with such information for the uses for which they are intended.
This website may use “cookies” and similar technologies to analyze how users use domains. The information generated about domain usage (including your shortened IP address) may be transmitted to third-party analytics services. This information is used to evaluate visitors’ use of the domain, compile statistical reports, and provide other services related to the site and internet use. Our analytics services may also collect information about domain visitors’ use of other websites.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may use personal information supplied by you to for legal and permissible purposes, including:
- Carrying out business;
- Providing you with legal or other services;
- Recruiting employees;
- Responding to any requests;
- Sending you marketing materials;
- Fulfilling our obligations and providing services to our clients and others;
- Managing our business relationships;
- Complying with any legal and regulatory obligations or requirements.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes at any time by clicking on the appropriate link in any email you receive or emailing [email protected]
When and Where We Share Your Personal Information
AEL is based in New York, and operates in the United States of America.
We May Share Your Personal Information With Others, Including As Follows
Third party service providers to allow them to assist us in providing legal and other services, such as accountants, information technology services providers, legal services providers, technology providers, printing and duplicating services providers, and records management providers.
- Third party providers for marketing purposes;
- Law enforcement agencies, governmental authorities, or regulators where we are under a duty to disclose or share such information, or if we reasonably consider that this is necessary to help prevent or detect fraud or other crime or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our firm, our clients, or others;
- Other individuals or organizations involved in providing legal or other services, including experts, local counsel, and database and case management services;
- Other third parties as required by law or other regulation; or
- Other third parties with your consent.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will keep your personal information until such time as we no longer expect to need to use it for any legitimate purpose and in accordance with applicable laws.
How We Protect the Security of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable measures to protect personal information from misuse, interference, and unauthorized loss or disclosure, including by retaining the services of third party vendors who have procedures in place to protect personal information. We have procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so. Unfortunately, no data transmission or repository can be one hundred percent secure. As a result, while we will strive to protect your personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any of your personal information.
You may have the right, under certain circumstances, and subject to applicable law, to know what personal information we have obtained, request a copy of the personal information about you which we hold, request a transfer of your personal information, object to processing of your personal information, or to request correction or erasure of such personal information. Please note that these rights may not be absolute. We also may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to exercise any of these rights, if you wish to request further information about any of the above rights, or if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal information.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Effective Date: January 3, 2020